“Lakhsmi’s loving lotus”
A shakti yoga retreat in Madeira
Tuesday May the 7th - Monday May the 13th
Are you ready to delve deeper into your yoga practice? Are you excited about “doing” yoga every day for 4½ hours with a group of like-minded women? Does the idea of sunshine, great food, "me-time and sister-time" sound like paradise? Why not join me in May for my annual retreat?
From Tuesday May the 7th until Monday May 13th we can enjoy basking in the Madeira sun and bathing in her moon and starlight. We may gain more understanding of our “selves” through daily practice, nature, the elements and SHAKTI.
Each morning we will experience the sunrise from our east-facing yoga mat!
- 3 hours of yoga and meditation in the morning (dynamic, yet accessible)
- 1 hour in the evening, soothing and restorative under the stars
The house of the rising sun is in Madeira, an island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and one of the most southerly places in Europe. It's also known as The European Hawaii and The garden of Eden which gives an indication of the luscious and scenic nature.
We are staying in one of the oldest places in Madeira, Santa Cruz (The holy cross). We are 5 minutes from the airport, village and beach.
I have rented a huge, ocean-side villa in Santa Cruz facing the East, so that every morning as part of our practice we can watch the sun rise over the oceanic horizon… It doesn’t get more yogic than this!
The house is big enough for 22 people though I choose for a smaller group of 13 yoginis.
There are a number of choices for accommodation, ranging in price from €789,- to €1215,- depending on sole use or shared bathroom, single, double or triple bedroom, main house or ocean side apartment (that close to the ocean you can touch it!)
- If you want more info about the accommodation e-mail me.
- Flight and transfer are not included in the prices.
- Transavia and TUI provide flights to the island.
We will have local and organic vegetarian / vegan food twice a day.
Most food intolerances can be catered for if addressed beforehand.
- Al food, water, tea and coffee are included.
- Brunch will be at 10:30.
- Dinner at 19:30/20:00.
Lots of leisure time to climb mountains, visit gardens and churches, hang around our private pool, and with a private stairway to the ocean taking a dip takes on a whole other meaning!
How to book
- Send me a mail to register and I will send you details of the sleeping accommodation options still available.
- Make an on-line profile and pay either a €300.- deposit to secure a place in the retreat or pay in full which will secure your place AND your choice of sleeping accommodation.
- All payments please into:
bank account NL93 INGB 0002 1388 45 • Sunshine yoga • Den Haag
Imagine a beautiful white four storey villa directly at the ocean on Madeira. Imagine a small group of wonderful people there, with whom you watch the sunrise every morning.
Guided by the best yoga teacher in the universe, Jacqui Howles, everyone goes on a journey through the elements.
This has been my blissful reality this week.
A review of her time on the last Madeiran retreat.